hearts joys

hearts joys

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Oh To Tame A Tongue

Oh what a difficult lesson to learn.  Sometimes I wonder if I will ever learn this.  My old  habits seem to creep in so swiftly.  One of the verses my lovely daughters share with me, almost on a daily basis comes from the Proverbs
Pro 26:18 Like a madman who throws sparks, arrows, and death,
Pro 26:19 So is a man who deceived his neighbour, And says, "I was only joking!"
 
I love to pick on people, and the way it is done is usually with things that are not true.  If I am to take Scripture and apply it to my life the deceitfulness in this part of my life must go.  I want to do those things which are a delight to my Abba El.  My oldest two daughters say it does not apply as the person being picked on knows that what is being said is not true.  So, is it ok to tell lies even if the person being talked to knows it is a lie?  Does it make the lie not a lie?  Are we going to pick at gnats in order to make things seem ok to us?  Let us take Yahweh at His word.  Straight out this is what Elohim tells us about ANY LIE.  HE HATES, ABHORS, DETESTS all lies.  It is a part of who He is and He does not change.  He cannot and will not allow sin in His presence.  So, where are you in this journey?  Are you willing to change to make things right with  Elohim?  I know that I desire to please Him and I am willing to change.  I will make the choice to stop my sinful selfish ways.  I need to seek not only His forgiveness but also from my wife and children who have put up with my deceitfulness far too long.  Let us call sin what it is starting with our lying tongues.
 
Here is a devotional from our friend Kyle.  Thank you Kyle for being honest with the Scriptures and its teachings.
 
They will NEVER enter the Kingdom of God ... NEVER!  (Not my words, His, the One Who decides)
 
 
09 / 07 / 13
(Comments in parentheses and emphasis within Scriptures are mine.)
 
 
 
FIRST THOUGHTS:
 
Oh, we have many clichés to “wash them away”:
 
-      “I just twisted the truth a little bit.”
-      “There was some truth in what I said, so it wasn’t a total lie.”
-      “It was only a white lie.”
-      “I didn’t lie.  I just didn’t tell you everything.”
-      (Oh, and here is a good one) “They lied to me, so I have the right”
 
All are LIES!
 
And they can come in many forms:
 
-      Deceiving:  Misleading; to cause an error; to cause to believe what is false.
-      Falsehood: Not conforming to facts; an untrue assertion
-      Withholding the truth: Willfully keeping information; withholding needed information.
 
What is the final outcome of those who practice lying?  Well, let us just say, “God hates liars”:
 
-      “There are six things YHVH hates, seven that are detestable to Him: … a lying tongue…” – Proverbs 6:16-17a
-      “YHVH detests lying lips …” – Proverb 12:22a
-      “You (God) destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men YHVH abhors.” – Psalm 5:6
 
VERSES PROMPTING THE ABOVE THOUGHTS:
 
“Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die:  Keep falsehood and lies far from me …” – Proverbs 30:7-8a
 
(Here is a scary thought for those who lie …)  “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire …  When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” – John 8:44
 
“You love evil rather than good, falsehood rather than speaking the truth.” – Psalm 52:3
 
“I hate and abhor falsehood but I love your law.” – Psalm 119:163
 
(Listen to this one.  God is revealing who is “outside” of His kingdom in the end …)
 
-      “Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.” – Revelation 22:15
 
-      “No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.” – Psalm 101:7
 
(Can a liar ever be trusted?  Is a liar a liar because His heart is evil?)  “Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction.  Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit.” – Psalm 5:9
 
(Yes, I pray quite often, “Keep me from falsehood and from speaking lies.  But, Lord, also protect and keep me from those who do!”)  “Save me, O Lord, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues.” – Psalm 120:2   God is faithful!  Somehow, I know when I am around a liar … but YHVH protects me from them all!  What is in the darkness (Lies), will be brought out to light (Truth shall be revealed)).  Thank you Father!
 
(A lying tongue is part of who a child of God used to be.  Being able to speak the truth, now, is part of the proof that one is saved.  Fact:  a liar is NOT saved.  Proof:  God says they will never enter His Kingdom, how can they be saved then?)  “Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices.” – Colossians 3:9
 
LAST THOUGHTS:
 
It also appears that those who are being lied to are actually hated by those who are doing the lying:
 
-      “He who conceals his hatred has lying lips …” – Proverbs 10:18a
 
-      “A lying tongue hates those it hurts …” – Proverbs 26:28a
 
When I am being lied to I know that they actually hate me, even though they may say, “I love you” (oops … which would be another lie … smile).
 
It all makes sense now.  For if God hates, detests, and abhors lies, why would he even hear the prayers of those who are doing such?  “Hear, O Lord, my righteous plea; listen to my cry.  Give ear to my prayer - - it does not rise from deceitful lips.” – Psalm 17:1
 
Oh, the tongue can be a nasty thing to those who are perishing!
 
 
Study materials
 
It would be an honor to have you visit our ministry’s website:
 
(You may also purchase our book through this site, as well)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow MYK! Those scripture verses are unmistakeable! Thanks so much for sharing all this!!!