hearts joys

hearts joys

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Common for all

There are two things in this life that each and everyone of us has experienced or will experience in our futures.  They are birth and death.  While some births are determined for us through the intervention of C-sections, no one knows when they will pass from this life to death. 
This past week has been difficult.  My older brother, only 52, had a stroke Monday evening and then this morning passed away.  Our prayers had been that Yahweh Elohim would keep him from suffering and that prayer and many others were answered this morning. 
  Until yesterday, I had not spoken to or been spoken to by my brother for 12 years.  It was not by my choice and I wish so very deeply that things had been otherwise.  I am very thankful that even though my brother could not be woken from his sleep, I had the opportunity to express my love for him.  I am convinced that he could still hear as he could earlier in the week. 
  My wife and I have tried over the course of our marriage, to instill in our children the household rule of making brothers and sisters best friends.  In talking with my children about this, things came up to aid us in the doing of it.
1.  Love forgives all offenses.
Eph 4:26
"Be wroth, but do not sin." Do not let the sun go down on your rage,
2.  Forgiveness is essential no matter who is wrong.
Mat 18:22 יהושע said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
3.  let's go the extra mile.
4.  turn the other cheek.
5.  The decisions we make today have consequences for tomorrow.

Rom 5:8 But Elohim proves His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Messiah died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been declared right by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
Rom 5:10 For if, being enemies, we were restored to favour with Elohim through the death of His Son, much more, having been restored to favour, we shall be saved by His life.
Rom 5:11 And not only this, but we also exult in Elohim through our Master יהושע Messiah, through whom we have now received the restoration to favour.

Rom 5:12 For this reason, even as through one man sin did enter into the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned –

David, my brother, May Yahweh Elohim grant you peace!  Shalom, my brother, you will be deeply missed.  Shalom.

No comments: