hearts joys

hearts joys

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Small Step...

  Yesterday I took a small step of faith.  I told my boss at work that my last day would be Friday the 26th.  I have always told myself that I am not the provider for this family by Yahweh is.  So as we take this journey of faith one step at a time it becomes more scary.  I am needing something as confirmation we are on the right path.  Last night as I was heading for bed I was talking to Abba El and letting Him know I wanted some confirmation.  I was thinking that a monetary gift would be nice but any type of confirmation would be appreciated.  As I crawled into bed, Laurie, who had been reading a book, looks up at me and asks if she can read me something.  Sure, go ahead dear.. and this is what she read.

 “If you always do things
the way you’ve always done them,
 you’ll always be
where you are now.”
And so, change is often in order. Israel would have never considered going to a promised land if they weren’t first dissatisfied with their immediate surroundings and circumstances. God prepared them for change by increasing pressure in their slavery. He also brought in the positive aspect of change by promising them a new land. He gave them hope. Either pressure or hope can work to ready us for change. Pressure and hope together work almost to guarantee our agreement with God on the issue.
 
 
Johnson, Bill (2010-12-01). Center of the Universe: A Look at Life From the Lighter Side (p. 10). Destiny Image. Kindle Edition.

 
So, what a quick answer to a needy prayer.  This was confirmation to me that we are heading in the right direction.

That was last night.  Now this evening as I shared with a couple of the kids I was informed that a few years ago as Joanna was reading about the life of George Mueller she began to think it would be neat to live that way too.  So do a couple of the other girls.  Now they tell me they have been praying that Abba El would give us the opportunity to live our lives by faith in Him.  My son Jonathan, is in India and doing just that very thing.
Just allow me to leave you all with this thought for the night
Psa 37:23 The steps of a man are ordered by יהוה, And He delights in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he falls, he is not cast down, For יהוה is supporting his hand
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now I am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Or his seed begging bread.

http://www.jenniferalambert.com/2013/06/be-different/

No comments: