hearts joys

hearts joys

Friday, December 20, 2013

Be Berean

My next several posts will be for a friend who has a deep desire to understand.  It has been mentioned that there are times I am too deep.  So I am going to retrace my steps into Torah Observance for those who would like to know how I got where I am today in my beliefs.
 
 
I grew up in churchianity.  I was saved and baptized by the age of 9.  From there I started to preach when I was 14.  Did I ever stop to question my beliefs I grew up with?  No.  I just accepted and believed what I was told was the way to believe.  My wife grew up questioning.  My kids grew up questioning.  And then the unbelievable happened.  I came across a passage that I told myself I couldn't preach.  I was preparing for my son's graduation message.  Our school passage and verse came from Isaiah 58.  The last couple of verses deal with the Sabbath.
I said "I can't preach this as this isn't what I believe".  Did you get that?  There was something in the Scriptures I didn't believe!!  Something that most preachers put there own spin on to get themselves out of believing it or truly researching it.
So many of us who attend the local church accept what is preached from the pulpit as being true to the Word Of Elohim because this man has been trained to preach and teach.  One thing I am learning is to take into account those words which I heard over and over again when I was a Seminary student. 
1.  Scripture interprets Scripture
2.  If there is disagreement in a Scripture passage with another passage in the Scriptures it is due to the persons interpretation of the passage, not the Scriptures.
 
Even Scripture warns us to be careful.
 
Mat 7:15 "But beware of the false prophets,1 who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are savage wolves. Footnote: 1See v. 23
Mat 10:16 "See, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

If you would like to know more about what the teaching of wolves is go here for the written teaching.
https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/faithnetworkuserfilestore/FAITHNETWORK_USERFILESTORE/FAITHNETWORK_USERFILESTORE/filecabinet/ministries/00f06fd7-4de2-4d8d-922d-ccd4a82bb1a9/The_Fruit_of_the_Wolves.pdf
or here for the video teaching (45min)
http://119ministries.com/fruit-of-wolves

I will also put in some more info from these in the future.

Paul encourages us to search and see if what he says is true according to the Scriptures.
Act 17:11 Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, who received the word with great eagerness, and searched the Scriptures daily, if these words were so.
 
It was only when I began to truly believe and obey the Scriptures that they began to open up for me.  Things began to come together only when I put into practice the Word that I was shown.
For me it started when I began to observe the seventh day Sabbath.  Not the first day of the week Sunday.
Why?
Again let me encourage you to be a Berean.
What is the only day of the week that received the Blessing of Elohim (God)?
What is the day we are warned not to forget?
Does Elohim change?
How then did His day get changed to the first day of the week and when?
What day is given as a sign and a covenant?
 
Let me warn you now.  If you really desire to be honest with your self and with the Scriptures change will be most difficult.
More questions
Does Elohim want to be worshipped in the same ways as other people worship other gods?
Can He accept even a part of the way others worshipped other gods as being directed to Him?
 
Again what does the Scripture say?  And remember Scripture validates Scripture.  If we are coming up with answers that contradict Scripture, then we are in the wrong as to our interpretation.  These are the questions we will be addressing in the near future.
 
For more information you can go to
 
 
Are you willing to change?  Are you willing to worship Elohim as He desires?
Are you willing to live according to the Scriptures?
Then you must test everything you now believe to find out what the Scriptures really teach.
 
 
 

No comments: