hearts joys

hearts joys

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Food For Thought

How many times did Yahshua minister to those around Him using food?
There was the feeding of the 5 thousand and the 2 thousand. 
The healing of Peter's mother-in-law
The woman at the well
The last supper
The wedding feast and turning water to wine.
eating with sinners
Dining with Zacchaeus
the time where his feet were anointed



A couple of times this last month we have had some opportunities to witness around food.  Another Laundromat appointment took place.  We had dropped our laundry off to dry it and headed to Walmart for groceries.  In the parking lot was an older man who was holding a sign.  The sign read
"Broke down, no money, no food."  At first I was just going to drive on by but was prompted to stop and talk with him.  He said he used the last of his money to get his car fixed and had not eaten all day (it was now afternoon).  Some one had given him $10 to help with gas but he was 5 hours away from home and it would take more than that to get him there.  I told him I would get him something to eat and drink.  The girls and I headed into the store and picked up a large sandwich and large bottle of water for him and also got him some cookies for a snack.  I am usually hesitant to give out money to people as I don't really want to get scammed.  As I was checking out I felt prompted to also give him some money to help with his gas.  It turned out he was a Vietnam vet who turned bitter toward Elohim after his wife passed away from cancer about 10 years ago.  I told him that God stilled loved him and cared about him.  I was there with some food and money because I was led by God to give them to him.  He mentioned he should get back to God and get over being angry.  We talked more and when we left he still needed about $10 more for his trip.  He said he would stay a little more to see if he would get it.  After praying, the girls and I headed back to tend to the laundry.  When we returned to Walmart for our own groceries he had left.


Another appointment.


After a long day and supper still being waited to fix we decided to eat KFC.  So, about 7:30 I headed to our appointment for the day and pick up something to eat.  The young man at the counter was very energetic.  As I was ordering he mentioned that I must love my family very much to be ordering such a large order.  I told him that I had 10 children and yes, I do love them very much.  He made the comment that Christmas must get awful expensive for us.  I said actually no, it doesn't as we don't celebrate Christmas as it is actually a pagan holiday.  He said, wait a minute,  isn't it about Jesus and the church?  I told him if you do the research you would find the Messiah (Jesus) was born during one of the Jewish feast days of either Trumpets or Tabernacles.  Those special days occur around the end of Sept or beginning of Oct.  How would you feel if people decided to celebrate your birthday around a pagan festival at the end of the year instead of when it really is?  As we talked he said that he used to read his Bible on Sundays and Wednesdays.  He came back with a couple more questions concerning the Scriptures and I answered those.  I gave him my card and told him if he had any more questions or if I could help him in any way he could get ahold of me.  Be a Berean and check things out for yourself concerning the holidays!!  It was nice to be able to talk to this employee of KFC while not being a busy place. 


Please pray for these men.  May Yahweh Elohim create in them the desire to come to Him.


Yahshua has told us that cups of cold water given in His name are actually being given to Him.  As we offer food and drink to those in need we are doing this unto Him. 


Mat 25:31 "And when the Son of Aḏam comes in His esteem, and all the set-apart messengers with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His esteem.
Mat 25:32 "And all the nations shall be gathered before Him, and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats.
Mat 25:33 "And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 "Then the Sovereign shall say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the reign prepared for you from the foundation of the world –
Mat 25:35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in,
Mat 25:36 was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.’
Mat 25:37 "Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, ‘Master, when did we see You hungry and we fed You, or thirsty and gave You to drink?
Mat 25:38 ‘And when did we see You a stranger and took You in, or naked and clothed You?
Mat 25:39 ‘And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and we came to You?’
Mat 25:40 "And the Sovereign shall answer and say to them, ‘Truly, I say to you, in so far as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you did it to Me.’
Mat 25:41 "He shall then also say to those on the left hand, ‘Go away from Me, accursed ones, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his messengers –
Mat 25:42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food, I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink,
Mat 25:43 ‘I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, was naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
Mat 25:44 "Then they also shall answer Him, saying, ‘Master, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not serve You?’
Mat 25:45 "Then He shall answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, in so far as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’


Mat 25:46 "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life."

No comments: